A front-end web developer and designer.
I've got masses of experience building fast, responsive, easy to use websites which work across a huge variety of devices, browsers, screens and input devices. I build things which are easy — to find, read, use, enjoy and remember. I build for the human beings who use the site, including the people who have to look after it when I'm done. I enjoy presenting my work and telling engaging stories.
A mountain biker.
The narrow ribbon of sinuous, beautiful singletrack, cutting through the trees, ever changing with the weather. That epic ride which takes you out to the middle of nowhere and back, just so you can see what the middle of nowhere looks like. The epic, endless, soul-destroying climb, followed by an epic, endless, soul-restoring view from the summit. That challenging technical feature you've never beaten before, defeated. That feeling of utter exhaustion, elation and achievement. The excitement of finding somewhere new. The high fives with your friends at the bottom of an amazing descent. The feeling of flow and joy, even on a trail you've ridden hundreds of times before.
All manner of other things.
I'm based on Vancouver Island in BC, Canada.
You can reach me on [email protected] or +1 (250) 650-9612.
Perhaps grab my résumé?
Olly is resident at these fine establishments:
- Think drastic It's one of those blog things
- Stack Overflow Massively multiplayer online technical support
- Github Open sourcery and other magic
- Github Gist My collection of handy little code snippets
- Codepen Somewhere to put the experiments
- Instagram A tiny square view of my adventures
- Twitter Communication in 140 characters or less
- Flickr Multi-coloured pixel collections
- LinkedIn Putting the “work” into “social networking”